LotteryWorld Readers will recall the story of Florida’s resident James Bozeman Jr., who came forward last week to claim a Powerball jackpot of $3 million, which incredibly is his second jackpot win after also scooping a $10 million top prize last year!
On the flipside, another player from the Sunshine State might not be as attentive as Florida’s luckiest man. Only a day after James stepped forward, Florida Lottery officials issued a statement warning that a Powerball ticket worth $16.6 million is due to expire on Thursday November 21.
The Quick Pick ticket was purchased from Carrollwood Market on 4550 West Village Drive in Tampa for the Powerball drawing on May 25, and matched all winnings numbers 2, 6, 19, 21, 27 plus the Powerball 25. The multi-million dollar prize was part of a $50 million Powerball jackpot, which was shared by two ticket holders in Delaware and Louisiana.
Lottery officials are urging players to search high and low for tickets and to check them carefully, and while the ticket can be checked at any Florida Lottery retailer, the jackpot-winning ticket must be produced at lottery HQ in Tallahassee. If the search fails to find the winner by the November 21 deadline, the Educational Enhancement Trust Fund will receive 80% of the $16.6 million prize, while the remaining 20% will go towards the Florida Lottery’s prize pool, which will help fund new games and promotions.
The list of unclaimed prizes is growing as an increasing number of players either forget to check their tickets or lose them. LotteryWorld advises players to sign the back of their tickets, keep them safe and remember to check them after the draw to avoid missing out on any lottery wins.
For more on unclaimed prizes and results, head on over to aLottery.com.